Background on EDHE Lekgotla 2018
The second annual EDHE Lekgotla is the national flagship event of the Entrepreneurship Development in Higher Education (EDHE) Programme. This Programme by the Department Higher Education and Training (DHET) is managed through Universities South Africa (USAf), the organisation representing South Africa’s universities. The event is proudly co-hosted by UCT Careers Service.
The EDHE Lekgotla 2018 is a three-day gathering of leaders in entrepreneurship development in higher education aimed at sharing best practice and fostering collaboration for the benefit of the South African youth and economy. Stakeholders in the EDHE ecosystem gather to share their learning and experiences, while working on identifying and addressing challenges in the space of entrepreneurship development in higher education.
Who should attend the 3-day Lekgotla?
Being a meeting of leaders in entrepreneurship development in higher education, this event is positioned for:
- University leadership who need to execute on goals related to the support of entrepreneurship development
- Academics who teach on the subject of entrepreneurship, either as a discipline, or complementary to a discipline
- Support professionals in the space of entrepreneurship development at universities
- Researchers in the field of entrepreneurship
- Similarly positioned colleagues in Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Colleges
- Private sector entities who work in and support entrepreneurship development, as it relates to students and universities
Who should attend the student entrepreneurs Indaba?
Registered students who also run a business or startup and who need a day jam-packed with relevant and practical skills and information.